Friday, October 22, 2010

Preschool Pumpkin Patch Excursion






We went to Chesterfield Berry Farm with Thomas' preschool. We had a lot of fun and wished we had time to enjoy more of it.

Some of the things Tommy didn't do
go down to see the pig races, visit the petting zoo, go on a dinosaur dig, go to the huge corn field maze, dig for gems.

Things Tommy LOVED
The huge high walled ring filled with corn that you could play in. We got all the dried corn out of his pockets that we could but still ended up with some in the washer. Better than sand though (he went back 5 times, leaving when too many kids came in). Next, the water pump races. He got to pump the water and watch the water carry the rubber ducks down the chute (did that 4 times), and the spooky house, we went through that 6 times. He had a blast and would have had even more fun if we had more time to try the other stuff.

Things Tommy was terrified of
The port-a-johns...poor child is scarred for life.
Lets just put it this way, they were really full and needed to be emptied. He was doing the pee pee dance and was crying every time I opened a different door, Like a sick version of some twisted game show. He kept saying he couldn't go in there. I told him it was a really long ride back and he couldn't make it home without going so I held him up to go pee. When he finished I set him down and he was opening the door with his pants still around his ankles shouting "I have to get out of here". My sentiments exactly good buddy.

Would we go again? Absolutely, it was a good time, maybe we'll go on the day after they empty the toilets. Timing is everything folks. On a list of things I wish I had tried, they were selling pumpkin milkshakes...they sounded really good.

3 comments:

Lildonbro said...

"I gotta get out of here" I think that a lot, especially in situations like those. I almost died of a heart attack in Utah once because I really had to go to the bathroom but was scared to death of the port-a-john!
Those are super cute pictures and sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

Martha said...

Dad has said that those port-a-potties are no place to raise a kid.

Shouldn't your post be "Preschool Pumpkin Patch Perusal" or "Preschool Pumpkin Patch Pandemonium" or "Preschool Pumpkin Patch Preview" (since you want to go back after they dump the port-a-potties)?

Steve and Jeanine said...

That sounds like so much fun! Your kids are so stinkin' cute!