Well, I've been feeling really cruddy for the last several months and Ben finally made an appointment and made me go to the doctor. I got the results of all the blood work I had to have done and it turns out I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. It's an auto immune disease and the apparently Japanese parts of my body have identified my thyroid as a foriegn enemy and are attcking and destroying it. Pretty terrifying and yes you can die from it if it goes untreated cause it's pretty rough on your heart, but It's not that bad.I will be able to take a pill every day for the rest of my life (wheeeeee!) and maybe have some energy to actually get out of bed after all is said and done. It has wonderful symptoms which I have experienced in full and hopefully all of those will get better as well. I'm just excited to find out that I am NOT just plain lazy as I was thinking but I in fact had a legitimate reason for not getting anything done and crying because I was so tired. Maybe now I won't fall asleep at the dinner table. I have to go see an endocrinologist to take over my care so we'll see how those things go in the near future. But as usual my Dad came through and made me smile.
Dad: so what's up
Me: I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
Dad: But you've never even been to Japan.
Thanks Dad, I needed that, you're always good for a laugh.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Tell your invaders to get out! Seriously though, I'm sorry!
Oh Dad...how I love you!
Seriously, you mentioned the Japanese parts of your body - but we don't have any Japanese in us. Sorry you’ve got this…this thing. And sorry for making you work so hard and not helping your “conditi
Dad! Very funny.
Jeff has Chinese in him....not that he is blood related, and Chinese is not Japanese...
I'm glad you got everything figured out and hope you start feeling better! I thought you were going to announce something else there for a minute.
Post a Comment