Monday, May 25, 2009

paper shredding day





Oh, what to do with months worth of saved up credit card offers and other sensitive papers. OK, so I let things build up a little too much and had a boat load of things to shred. The boys helped me do it and as a reward we had a paper fling. They had a blast and it wasn't too bad to clean up. It was a lot easier than the 3 pee 'accidents' I had to clean up today. That's a nice way of putting it because they definitely weren't accidents. Tommy has taken it into his head that the world is his toilet and has been marking the whole darn house. And what kills me is, he's fully potty trained and has been for a while. He just gets a kick out of practising his aim with household things (Jake's firetruck, big Lego's, buckets, shoes, etc. I think he's turning into a dog). Maybe it's a boy thing. The first this morning was my pewter dish on the bookshelf. He took it down, put it on the floor and peed in it. Very proud of himself, he was. The second was on a towel that was on the floor. And the 3rd, but his piece de resistance, was in the air conditioning vent in the kitchen...I wasn't too happy about that one and his backside got a little piece de resistance of my own. When he told me he had peed and I asked him to show me where, he proudly took me to the spot and then immediately said 'Don't hurt my butt, Mommy'. So, I know that he knows it's wrong, little stinker. But he doesn't seem to learn. Even though it's bugging the heck out of me that he thinks it's hilarious, it is kinda funny when you think about it. So even though I have to punish him so he knows it's wrong it kinda gives me a smile...on the inside of course.

3 comments:

Lildonbro said...

I love that he said, "Don't hurt my butt mommy." So funny. That little stinker

Martha said...

That is hilarious!!

Steve and Jeanine said...

Gotta love kids! It was good to hear from you. I totally feel like I'm spying on people when I look up blogs but it's fun to see what everyone's up to. Looks like you have a family of boys too! You're boys are so cute and it seems like they keep you busy but I guess that's just part of being a mom! Thanks for getting in touch!