Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh, Tooth Fairy, How I Love Thee


So, it has happened. Jake has lost his first tooth and it kinda makes me sad. Once the teeth start coming out, that's it. He's going to lose his little boy smile. Just like when your babies start getting teeth and they lose their gummy grins. Then, you get used to the teeth, and this happens. He's growing up so fast and it reminds me, all to readily, that I'm getting older too. Anyway, Jake has had this tooth as a steady and constant companion since he was 4 months old. He held in there as long as he could I guess until the younger, more robust tooth pushed him out. Like being laid off becasue they want someone more hip and fresh. But, at least the tooth gets a severence package from the good old Tooth Fairy. It's not much, but it's something. We tried to explain the Tooth Fairy to him and I don't think he quite understood it really. He did latch on to the term 'Money' though. That registered rather quickly. So, when you ask him what happens when you lose a tooth, he answers 'money'. When you ask him who comes to take the tooth...'money'. and what does the Tooth Fairy leave in place of your tooth...'money'. We have a winner folks! We just needed the right question and I knew he would be able to answer it.

4 comments:

AuntKatween said...

Oh man!! He is growing up too fast, and I am just the aunt!!!! Too cool!!

Shauna said...

You make me laugh. The word money makes my ears perk up, too :)

Donbrosky's said...

I remember Emily losing her first tooth and beeing happy but sad at the same time. She loves getting money! He looks adorable!

Lildonbro said...

I love that kid!
You crack me up though, something new and hip, the tooth being laid off with a severance package :)