Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Cocoon Boys




OK, so last week at school Jake's class has been learning about nature. They've had visits from the Aquarium (he got to touch a 2 year old Sea Turtle) seen snakes, learned about flowers, bugs, all sorts of stuff. His favorite thing has been learning about caterpillars and their life cycle. He goes through the process quite a bit at home. He wraps up in a blanket and pretends he's an egg, then he squirms around like a caterpillar, then wraps himself up in a 'cocoon' and then comes out and says he's a butterfly. It's really sweet and I'm glad that he's enjoying it so much. He's been teaching Tommy about it too. So, in these pictures, they are both squeezed into that tiny basket cocoon, breaking out of the cocoon, and then they come out flapping their butterfly wings in the end. I don't know how they both fit in there, but they won't be able to do it much longer. Jake will be learning about the ocean in the coming weeks...I wonder what he'll be doing then. Can't wait to see it.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Awesome!

Lildonbro said...

That is so stinking cute. So cute in fact that I think my eyes are watering a bit. I love those guys!