Battleship North Carolina

We had the opportunity on Friday to go to one of Ben's fellow sailors reenlistment. He chose to do it on the
Battleship North Carolina. So afterwards we got to walk around the ship and see what was up, and it was free because we were there for the ceremony. I love free things. The boys had a blast climbing up and down all of the ladders and checking out all of the guns. They got to climb through tons of little hatchways and walk through the engine rooms. They also got to sit in the control room (I guess that's what it's called). It was pretty big but not as big as nowadays and that amazes me, to think that there are way bigger ships out there. Yeah, I got kinda turned around down there. Lots of lower levels and no windows of course so you sorta get disoriented. But luckily for me they had little signs every now and then so you can eventually find your way top side. It was a fun day out with the boys and Jake loved being on the 'huge boat', they didn't want to leave.
4 comments:
Totally fun!
Oh, man! I've always wanted to get over to see that ship. I love battleships. One thing I always wanted to do is to get around and see all of the battleship memorials. Too cool!
I love these pics!!!
Ed has wanted to do this for YEARS!! How far away is it from you?
Post a Comment