The other day, Tommy asked for a treat after going pee pee in the potty. (Starburst are his treat of choice.) So I give him one and put them back on the shelf and shut the door. I go to put some laundry away and I hear "Mommy, I need help get down!" I'm thinking to myself 'where on Earth could he need getting down from, I left him with two feet on the ground' So I go back into the kitchen and I don't see him until I turn around. He had opened the door and climbed up the shelves to get to the starbursts...little stinker. (and yes, he is sans diaper because we get our kids naked to potty train. It's easier and we have wood floors, don't judge. and the Candy covers everything perfectly) And by the way, he is totally potty trained!!! except for an occasional accident, and it only took about 2 weeks. he can take a 3 hour nap and wake up dry and we can go to the store and run errands and he tells us when he needs to go. Way to Go, Tommy!!!! Unfortunately, we are losing a lot of sleep because he refuses to go #1 in a diaper during the night so he's waking us up several times...several, to go to the bathroom. I don't know how I feel about this.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Our Little Trouble Maker
The other day, Tommy asked for a treat after going pee pee in the potty. (Starburst are his treat of choice.) So I give him one and put them back on the shelf and shut the door. I go to put some laundry away and I hear "Mommy, I need help get down!" I'm thinking to myself 'where on Earth could he need getting down from, I left him with two feet on the ground' So I go back into the kitchen and I don't see him until I turn around. He had opened the door and climbed up the shelves to get to the starbursts...little stinker. (and yes, he is sans diaper because we get our kids naked to potty train. It's easier and we have wood floors, don't judge. and the Candy covers everything perfectly) And by the way, he is totally potty trained!!! except for an occasional accident, and it only took about 2 weeks. he can take a 3 hour nap and wake up dry and we can go to the store and run errands and he tells us when he needs to go. Way to Go, Tommy!!!! Unfortunately, we are losing a lot of sleep because he refuses to go #1 in a diaper during the night so he's waking us up several times...several, to go to the bathroom. I don't know how I feel about this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I have never seen him with this look on his face...and are those purple scissors in his hand? I feel like he just said, "Back off mama...I'll cut you!"
Whatever you do Jo, it's not worth it, let him have the starbursts :)
Also, did you tell him just to hold on while you grabbed the camera and took a picture? :) And lastly I kind of love that he doesn't want to go #1 in a diaper :)
I wouldn't fight him for the candy. He looks very determined to defend his prey from rival candivores.
One question: Do the socks get wet when he pees on the floor?
...why am I talking about the physics of pee pee streams?typically , yes his socks would get wet, but when this picture was taken he was strictly a toilet man and the bowl would preserve his socks from a uriney fate...for the most part, unless he does one of his kamikazee pee moves where he likes to hear the different sounds the pee makes from hitting different parts of the bowl.
Way to go Tommy!!! I can't help but laugh at this. He is too funny!!
That kid is adorable!!!! This is one of the pictures that could be used later in life as black mail. :) Glad you were able to capture such an adorable moment!!
Post a Comment