


I took the boys to the beach on Saturday which Jake has been asking to do for a while. He had a blast running through the water getting completely soaked, chasing the water back and forth. (one of these pictures is Jake trying to scoot his heavy wet pants back up without using his hands...bet you can't guess which it is) Tommy chose to observe from a distance still not completely sure if he likes it. He tried to throw things in the water like Jake but they mostly ended up flying behind him instead...we really have to work on his technique. I took Tommy closer to the water and crouched down with him and all the sudden a big one came in and water came all the way past us so I started to stand to get Tommy away from the water but it took my sandal with it. It got pulled out pretty fast and was too far for me to reach. It kept going out further and further with me unable to reach it. I was preparing myself for the possibility of having to drive home with no shoes on as I watched my lone sad little sandal floating and bobbing in the water moving further and further away. I think I had to wait for about 12 waves to come in for it to bring my shoe close enough for me to wade out a little a grab it. For some reason, this event is what Jake seems to be focusing on at home and he keeps saying 'oh no, the water took my shoe!". Apparently is was memorable for him. And, by the way, These pictures are all outa whack, I couldn't get them to stay in a more orderly fashion...I'm 'puter illiterate so you have to take what you get.


1 comment:
Looks like fun. The boys are getting big to fast!
Post a Comment