Monday, October 6, 2008

The Poo Chronicles

This is for all mothers out there (or anyone close to children) who have been asked to check out their children's poo. (Shauna has mentioned sharing like experinces and I know she can relate). As of late my lovely little boys have been poo crazy. There have been comments on colors, shapes, consistencies, etc. Now, with Tommy the Younger, he mostly just says 'see it' after I change him and he likes to look at it and point and say 'poopy'. He's very proud of himself, as are we all. Oddly enough, they are not fascinated only by their own. Jake always wants to check out Tommy's poo as well and vice versa. As they get older, as in Jake's case, the requests and observations become more in depth. I am called to the bathroom regularly, pardon the pun, to look at his accomplishments. He's yelling 'Mommy, come look at this, it's so big!' Now, on any given day of the week his poo takes on different life forms conforming to his moods and days events. Anyone with weak constitutions or aversions to poo may want to stop reading now. Below are designations Jake has given to his various expulsions. There are different variations of course seeing as this has been going on for quite some time and we have repeat visitors.

-look mom, it's a dinosaur, look how big it is...it's a T-Rex.
-there's a snake in the water
-Mommy, look at that spider
-Mommy, a lobster, look out! he's gonna get you (I sure hope not!!!)
-Look at all the colors! (after having a few too many fruit snacks)
-Look at the fishies (pellety poo)
-(and a very simple non descript...) 'ooh, I like that poopy, it's so cool'

And the list goes on. I love my children dearly and enjoy the excitement they find in their poop but I was just wondering how long it continues....when is the cut off point? Is there one for boys? Why do they find it so fascinating? Is it healthy for young boys to spend a little time every day around a toilet bowl oohing and ahhing over poo? But for now, it is a family affair where we congregate to observe the latest addition to the poop menagerie of Jake and Thomas.

5 comments:

Martha said...

LOL!!! When Lauryn has pellety poop, she calls them Mommy, Daddy, Devin, Brenan and Lauryn. So glad I am not included. Sometimes they are all friends congregating in the tiolet (which, she declared last night, she loves to play in).

Todd, Mary, Isaac and Tessa said...

You make me laugh. Brave of you to write about it. Don't think it ever goes away. At the luncheon before our wedding there was a, ah, clogged toilet that some of the boys took turns checking out because of it's, umm, grandeur.

Shauna said...

oh my gosh! they have taken poop to a whole nother level. What, no pictures?

Lildonbro said...

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard...and I'm at work. So glad no one walked by while I spazzed.

AuntKatween said...

I am with Jessica, I am crying!! Mike is in the other room and was like "what are you doing?". SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at all the colors! HAHA