Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fun in the Cabinet With Mr. Stink

Today, there was an unidentifiable funk emanating from somewhere in the kitchen. I sniffed around as much as I could but couldn't locate the source of this dastardly pong. So, like any good house wife, I lost it and started to take the kitchen apart. I emptied the trash can and washed it out with bleach, bleached the counters, and took everything out of the cabinets and wiped them down too, scrubbed the floors...The boys didn't even seem to notice the offensive odor and took advantage of my mania and had a ball climbing in and out of the cabinets reveling in being able to hang out in their little hidey holes. The smell is still sort of there but when I think about it, it's more like an old wood smell, the cabinets are from the 60's, and you can't get rid of that. But, at least the kitchen got a good scrubbing and I can take pride in knowing that the stink is there through no fault of my own...or maybe my nose just has a wire loose and there's really no smell at all. Either way, I feel good.


1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

I vote for the loose wire in your nose, though the thought actually makes me gag (guess my imagination gets too visual).

I bet the boys love when mommy goes crazy :)