Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First day back at school

I told Jake it was time to get ready to go to school and he made me check his throat...then he said that he needed to go to the doctor, not school. But he was fine once we got there. Soon we will find out what bus he will ride so that I don't have to haul Tommy out of bed to take Jake to school. Although, Tommy woke up at six this morning and I heard him saying Jakes name, and I can only assume that Tommy climbed in bed with him because I could hear Jake saying 'no Tommy'...that boy likes to sleep, thank goodness. Tommy could take a few lessons from him.
Every day, the kids have to wash their hands when they got to the classroom so they are clean for breakfast. If you look behind Jake's head you can see the kids' toothbrushes. They have the kids' names on them and they brush after breakfast.
While they wait for everyone else to get there and for breakfast they have different activities that the kids can do. Jake loves puzzles.
I love his school so much. Everyone there, even the secretaries and teacher's aides from other classrooms, remember Jake's name and Thomas' as well. We are very happy with it and are sad that Jake will be leaving it next year to go to Kindergarten.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Brushing teeth after breakfast. Wow fancy. As for Tommy sneaking in to bed with Jake that is just cute. I am guessing they share a room. Jake is still going to Thompson by my house right? If so you can use me as an emergency contact if you want. Well until December you can ;)

Lildonbro said...

Aww...my little man is growing up so fast. I love that he had you check his throat because he didn't want to go to school...he takes after his mom!

Donbrosky's said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks here going back to school!!! So handsome!! Amanda is missing him A LOT!! She keeps asking for him to come back so they can play together forever.