Since Ben is gone most of the week with work and school and doesn't see me or the kids much, we've decided that Saturdays are a day that we should go out and have adventures.
Let me start off by saying that I don't know how either set of our parents did these sort of things with 6 kids. They are truly amazing. Anyway, we went to Crabtree Falls. It's a hike that I've done before and there's a waterfall all along the trail all the way up. It's beautiful. It wasn't as impressive this year because we haven't had much rain but it was still nice. WE had to drive a while but the mountain views were great and we only had to stop a few times for queasiness (and once for puking and clean up) We got there though. I carried Ava in a backpack (ugh, never before did 17 pounds feel so heavy) and the boys walked. Tommy only made it half way before he said he wanted to go back to the car Jake wanted to keep going. Me, Tommy, and Ava went back down and ate lunch and waited for Ben and Jake to finish. The boys had a good time and like seeing a 'huge' waterfall. Then on the way home on the winding mountain roads there was more stopping and more puking and more clean up....I think we are going to wait a little while for our next adventure.


1 comment:
hey it's beautiful! hope it made up for all the puke!
Post a Comment