Friday, August 27, 2010

Do you ever just have one of those days???

Sooooo.... feeling a little overwhelmed and can't wait for school to start. Jake will be going to first grade and Tommy starts preschool two days a week. Whatever will I do??? Well, let me tell you. I'm going to love it!! Yesterday has totally prepared me to enjoy being almost alone (thank you Ava for your little tiny body of company). Ben started school yesterday and we only saw each other for about an hour. I think the boys were trying to communicate that they were having a hard time with it by giving me a hard time. They fought from sun up to after sun down, got sent to their room 3 times, had handfuls of timeouts for hitting, kicking, shoving, screaming, projectile metal toys trucks to the head, you get the idea. Tommy tried to flush a whole roll of toilet paper while I was cleaning the kitchen and overflowed the toilet (after I had scrubbed the bathroom earlier in the day), Jacob had some problems that we won't mention, they locked my bedroom door (with no one in there) and when I finally got in there they had torn all the covers off the bed (which I had just washed all the bedding...naturally), jumped on the bed, unplugged the lamps, etc. It wasn't until after I put the sheets and blanket back on the bed and got in to succumb to the sweet relief of sleep, that I realized they apparently jumped on my bed with sandy clothes. I don't know whether they transported sand in their pockets or what but, sand in your bed, not a good feeling. However, I was too tired to do anything more than dust the bed off a bit and go to sleep. When Ben got in bed this morning he laid down and then kind of half sat up...here's how the conversation went
Ben: were the boys in our bed?
Me: no, I don't think so, why do you ask?
Ben: because there's sand in the bed
Me: Is that what that is? I hadn't noticed
...yeah I totally have things under control. Anyway, to sum it all up, this was not a good way to start this 'your husband works the night shift, sleeps in the morning, goes to school in the evenings, your never going to see him again' portion of our life. You think that 3 deployments would prepare you...it never does. Happy Friday to ya!@*&$%

4 comments:

Shauna said...

YIKES. That day would totally do me in. I've had my fair share, though. Hope it gets better! 2 kids in school will be lovely!

If it makes you feel any better I woke up to a rat in my house.

Joanna & Ben said...

Ugh, that doesn't make me feel better, it makes me want to weep openly for you. I know how that is. We had 5 mice in our last house...but actually a rat is way worse, sorry Shauna

Martha said...

And we are staying with you? Ack!

Just kidding. Uncle Jeffy can at least keep the kids occupied for a little bit.

Steve and Jeanine said...

When I have days like that, I'm extra grateful for my little GIRL!