Friday, October 23, 2009

It's a...?

Well for all of you non-family people who haven't heard yet, we are excited to announce that we are adding a little girl to our family. I am totally ready to venture out into the world of little girl things, they have some really cute stuff out there, But I am also terrified...I don't know girl stuff. I'm barely a girl myself. I don't like frilly things or princess stuff or perfume or getting super dressed up and stuff...makes me uncomfortable...I wonder how I will fare. Anyway, I'm also excited to make some little girl dresses myself. It's not so easy to make boy clothes but dresses are a breeze.



Aren't these dresses super cute. They aren't frilly or super girly but they're feminine. They are too expensive to buy but I figure I can make something just as cute and I'm looking forward to it. Anyway, we will keep you posted on the girl stuff as well as whenever we find a house up here (yuck, I hate house hunting...more on that later),

10 comments:

Shauna said...

Congrats! I'm not super girly either but girls are fun. I was noticing I'm still choosing stripes and greens and blues even for a girl! Now for the name!!! You knew that would be my next question. Have one chosen?

Martha said...

I am a family type and I am just now finding out you are pregant!!!

Just kidding. Kat couldn't keep it in and sent an email out to everyone. I waited for a phone call. I practiced being excited all day long and then...nothing.

My medicine makes me emotional!

Martha said...

Pregnant! I spelled it right and then it changed when I posted!

Joanna & Ben said...

Marty, I knew that kat told everyone so I figured that I could just relax...sorry I didn't call. It was bad of me.
Shauna, as for a name we like Ava for the first name and middle name we are still thinking it over.

Shauna said...

very cute :)

Steve and Jeanine said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Having a girl in our family helps balance things out a little, even if she is way out numbered! I'm not a girly girl either and so far it's turned out ok-I'm just dreading the teenage years. Luckily she has cousins her age and more aunts that can help her with hair and coordinating outfits! You'll love what a little girl will bring to your family. Congrats again!

AuntKatween said...

You're having a girl! That's great!! I am so excited:) You will do fine with a girl! If you aren't frilly, maybe she won't be frilly!

Lildonbro said...

I shouldn't admit this, but for a split second Martha tricked me. I really thought for a second that she didn't know, even though Kathryn sent the e-mail to all of us...it's Monday.

Donbrosky's said...

I am so excited for you guys!! She is going to be such a protected girl with two big brothers. Love the name Ava!!

Beth Allums said...

That is so exciting! I was hoping for a girl for you four. Those boys are going to love having a sister! Congratulations!
Beth and Andy