We spent the 4th up in Richmond but I forgot my camera so I decided to post some pictures of the boys that I took a week or so ago. The other little boy is their friend Andrew who spends his days at his grandmas house next door. They've been spending their summer riding bikes, playing outside and getting good and dirty, sweaty and stinky...as all little boys should. Jake started summer school yesterday and he wasn't too happy about it. Today, he was complaining saying that he didn't want to go, it went a little something like this "Mommy, I can't go to school today, I have to stay home...I can't like this, I can't" He cried in the hallway and didn't want anyone to bug him, I finally told him that it was only a half day and that I'd be back at lunch time to pick him up...I also had to promise to take him to the beach on Friday, his day off. Anyway, He said "OK, just give me a minute" and he stopped his crying took some deep breaths composed himself and wiped his "drips" (tears)as he calls them. He wanted me to carry him in and I did, he saw his teacher and gave a big smile and said "Hey, how's it going" to her and dove right in to class. Now, he either didn't realize where he was going and was really happy to be there, or that was some of the best acting ever. Right now, Jake is just most excited about his Aunt Jessica coming to visit in a couple weeks, it's all he can talk about lately.
Tommy has been a monster lately. He likes to beat Jake up and give him a hard time. Last night we heard Jake let out a cry and then nothing, we went to go see what was up and turns out he had the wind knocked out of him and couldn't cry. We knew that Tommy had done something just by his smug look. As I comforted Jake, Ben started the interrogation. We asked if he hit Jake and he said 'No, I jumped on his tummy'...At least he's honest. He can just be a little too rough sometimes. A little while ago, Tommy called to me and said that he had done a poo poo, so I went to go help clean him up. I get to the bathroom but there's nothing in the toilet, but I could smell it. I asked him if he flushed it and he said no, so I asked him where it was and he said 'In there'...where???? It was in the shower. Jake heard me get kind of ticked and so naturally, he ran in there and said 'Ugh, Tommy, you pooed in the tub" Tommy quickly replied "NO, I poo pooed in the shower!!" Like he was all proud of it. Anyway, that's the kind of thing we are doing and putting up with around here. It is definitely never boring.


3 comments:
I'm so excited that I made the blog!!!!
I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it - about all of it. It was all funny to me :) You're such a good mom!
P.S. you'd better get on the round of Blog Bucks I'm handing out. You aren't in the lead anymore if you don't.
You just gotta love a house full of boys!
Post a Comment