Monday, June 22, 2009
Family Fun Day (weekend)
OK, I haven't posted in a while so I'm going to recap the whole weekend, so, prepare for a long winded recollection of events. On Thursday Ben's battalion had family fun day. It was super hot but at least there was an occasional breeze coming off the water. It was great for the kids, they had a rock climbing thing, bungee run, bounce house, face painting, petting zoo, firetruck, etc. Tommy slept for most of it but woke up in time to take a pony ride. Ben called Jake and Tommy saddle tramps because of how naturally they took to the pony. Instead of being uncomfortable in the saddle they were both slouched back and relaxed, it was pretty cute. Jake had a blast and tried out almost everything. Ben did the bungee run as well. My cousin Samantha was with us too. She is staying with us for a few weeks until camp starts. Anyway, that was Thursday. Friday we had a good day just relaxing around the house, Ben put in a new shower/tub thing in the boys bathroom...what's that called?? a spigot? Faucet? water knobby thingy? So, I'm happy to report that it no longer drips all day and night and hopefully we won't be wasting gallons of water. Later that night we had a water balloon fight (is that wasting water?...I don't think so) that the boys didn't really understand, they just liked throwing the balloons on the driveway and watching them pop. So, Ben and I showed them how it's done and they thought it was funny watching mommy and daddy pelt each other with balloons. The y fianlly got the idea and started using Ben as a target. But that little punk hid a balloon in his cargo pocket, so when we were cleaning up and I thought it was safe, he popped it right down the back of my shirt...that fart knocker. Anyway, it was a good time. Saturday morning, we went to the beach on base before it got too super hot and the boys had fun running through the water. Ben took them further out than I cared for...and more than Tommy cared for I think. But, eventually, Tommy started feeling more comfortable and enjoying it. Samantha and I caught a few little fish that were coming up onto the shore with a bucket...and I mean little...like minnow size, but I was pretty proud of myself, it's as close to fishing as I will probably ever get. The boys also liked seeing the Naval ships that were out on the water. Jake kept commenting on how 'big and strong' they were. Then we hit Father's day. It was a good day, Ben had french toast for breakfast, got to take a nap before church, gave a talk in sacrament about righteous fathers, spent the whole time in the nursery with Tommy since he still won't stay in there, came home, had spinach feta turkey burgers for dinner, then had almond pound cake with strawberries for dessert...OK, we had strawberries, I made a little bit of chocolate frosting for Ben. Then, he decided to watch A Christmas Story (I know, not the season, but he likes it). Then he left for work this morning and came back through the door a few minutes later. He said the traffic was horrible so he called to tell the Sergeant that he would be late. Sergeant said "yeah, yeah, I know, there was a bomb threat this morning and the gates to the base are closed." That's the military for ya, they keep things interesting. So, Ben got to spend and extra hour or so at home this morning. All in all it was a great weekend. I only have pictures of Thursday fun day...I got lazy and didn't take pictures after that...sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Lazy!! I loved the pictures. Can't believe Jake was climbing the wall, but actually, I guess I can believe it :)
Sounds like a pretty fun filled weekend! My kids would be so jealous, we're not nearly that exciting!
Post a Comment