Tuesday, December 30, 2008




Ben and I had the opportunity to have a week to ourselves without the kids while he was on leave over Thanksgiving. It was a great cabin up in the mountains of Virginia. It was very peaceful and very beautiful, well worth the money. We got to see some of Charlottesville and the countryside. There were trails for us to walk on although we had to wear orange vests because it was hunting season. A weird feeling but nice anyway...except for the 4 deer carcasses by the trail side. I wasn't ready for that...I know you wanted to know that. Apparently, hunters get their game but can't haul it back so they just divvy it up right there. Hunting is not for those with weak...whatever. Anyway, the owners have a dog named buzzy who goes around and greets the new guests when they arrive at their cabin and they bring a little basket of chocolate chip cookies and leave it by the door. It was a great to spend time together after so much time apart, 3 deployments in 3 years is pretty rough and you miss a lot of things. We hope that we can go again in the future. Maybe, schedule permitting, we can go back when all of the leaves are changing color.
By the way, I love these slide show things, you can put so many more pictures on here. Love you all!

No comments: