Thursday, May 20, 2010

Procedure Day and Other News

Well, tomorrow is a big day for my little boy. He's going in for surgery to have his tonsils and adenoids taken out and have tubes put in his ears. While I don't look forward to it and he has no clue what's going to happen I know that it will be for the best. From tomorrow morning on, he will no longer sound like and old man while he sleeps. It will be weird not to have him snoring but I know that it will be healthier for him, considering that the doctor said that sleep apnea can lead to an enlarged heart and death...really gets a person thinking. So, farewell chronic, huge, swollen tonsils. Goodbye snore, sleep apnea causing adenoids, and hello to tubes that will help my baby not have ear infections all the time...God Speed!

In other news, Ben and I close on our new house next Friday!!! We are very excited and terrified and at the same wonderful time. We will be moving out of my in-laws house (where I have been for approximately 10 months). While they have been great and it's been such a blessing, I look forward to having my own kitchen again, to having more than just 2 rooms for 2 adults and 3 kids. However, I will miss having my laundry mysteriously disappear and show up again on my bed laundered and folded...how does this happen??? My wonderful mother in law started doing my laundry when I was preggers and wasn't supposed to be taking the laundry up the stairs...now I think she's gotten in to the habit because I haven't done laundry for the above mentioned 10 months...I hope I can remember how. Anyway, very exciting stuff. I will put up pictures of the house as soon as I'm able. Whooohooooo!!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah so exciting! Hope all goes well with the surgery and the house!

AuntKatween said...

When do you move in? So exciting. Poor Tommy:(

Lildonbro said...

Ah the laundry fairy, wish I had one of those...or better yet, the dishwasher fairy who empties the dishwasher magically!!! That would be sweet.

Hope Tommy does well today!! I love that kid!

Shauna said...

Good luck w/the procedure! And congrats on the house! That's a big deal for that area...cost of living is high, right? Good job!

Steve and Jeanine said...

I hope everything went well with the procedure and he has a quick recovery! Congrats on the house, I'm very envious!!!