Saturday, March 7, 2009

10 Things I like that begin with 'O'

My sister Martha got this from my lil' sis Jessica's site and Jessica gave her the letter 'V'....Martha thought that was mean and is passing on the love by giving me the letter 'O'. My sisters are so sweet...especially since I'm probably going to do this over the course of a couple days trying to think of 10 things that I like that begin with the letter 'O'. But, the first one isn't difficult...and I will tell you what it is...

1. OREOS

Oreos are a beautiful thing....especially around the holidays when they have colored cream and automatically become double stuffed so that the color shows better. That's right people...that's why they taste better around holidays, more cream. In the off season you get jipped on the creamy filling because apparently, white is boring unless you pay more. Then they give it to you. And one question for you, why don't they have the golden oreos with the colored filling, because I actually like those better than the chocolate ones.

2.OshKosh B'Gosh



Oh, it takes me back. I still think that they have super cute clothes. I think they are well known for their overalls....the way they reinforce the back so you can grab an escaping kid by the crossed back and hold them there...lifting them up without the back ripping. Very sturdy, very durable...that's OshKosh. That dress is super cute, by the way, I need to have a little girl sometime.

3.Oneida

I like utensils, I think they are important, you need them to eat in a civilized manner, and Oneida makes a good one. I personally have Mikasa...but that doesn't start with an 'O' now does it. You're forcing my hand.

4.Oh's Cereal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnPEvDHusHA&NR=1

I love this cereal!!! it's pretty inexpensive, has a great oaty crunch...and who knew, it's from the 80's!!!! A cereal from my youth. and I have the evidence to prove it from this horrifically 80's YouTube commercial provided in the link above. Every decade has their regrets.(in reference to the 80's hair, clothing, neon clothes, and the suspenders)

5.Oranges

I love oranges....I don't know why a lot of my 'O' things are food but it's what I have to work with. I remember good times growing up eating lots of oranges with my family, especially around the holidays...good memories.But, no, my oranges don't usually look like these...crying and all. I just thought it was a cool picture.

6. Origami



I think Origami is fascinating. I always wondered how you could fold up colorful little pieces of paper into little animals and such. I don't think I would personally ever spend time on it, I assume it takes a lot, but kudos to those who do.

7.Over Hill Lake



Here are pictures of Over Hill Lake waaaaay back in the day and the present. I used to go there as a kid somwhere in between when it was still a beach type place with sand in the bottom. But, they had cool slides and big huge mushrooms that had water coming out of them, like a shower and big huge floating animals to climb on. And they had an indoor place to buy popsicles and snacks and stuff. I remember coming home from there being sticky from the sand and usually having a mild sun burn and enjoying taking a cold shower. Anyway, just a childhood memory. I couldn't find any really good pictures to do it justice.

8.Oak Trees


I love Oak trees, any mature trees for that matter, I love the shade and love when leaves change color in the Fall. I will never understand why some people cut down all the trees in their yard and have nothing....weird people.

9.The Orion Constellation

My favorite constellation because it is the only one that I can readily identify when I look at the night sky. Plus, the stars and things in the universe are amazing and beautiful.

10. October



October is one of my Favorite months. I love Fall with the leaves changing color, as I mentioned with the oak tree above, and I love pumpkins, halloween, chilly weather, the smell of the leaves and all stuff that goes with Autumn.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Awesome job, JoJoBean!! I didn't think O was very difficult!

Lildonbro said...

Good job JO!

Sorry about the 'V' Mart, I just closed my eyes and hit a key on the keyboard. I like it better when things are chance.

Martha said...

Jo jo. I saw Spring Oreos at Wally's and thought of you. (I also put your tax return in the mail.)

Martha said...

Oh, I bought some Oh's on my trip to Wally's last night. I am eating them now.